Favrot Arts and Athletics Center
Athletics are an integral part of the overall curriculum at the Academy of the Sacred Heart where students from all divisions engage in a wide variety of athletic pursuits. The opening of our new, state-of-the-art Athletic Center allows us to expand our existing programs and offer our girls an outstanding venue in which to play and compete. The 27,000 square foot, two-level complex will support our athletic, physical education, and wellness programs, all of which contribute to a comprehensive learning experience.
The tremendous value of athletic participation for girls has been well documented. In addition to appreciating the importance of physical fitness, girls develop determination, perseverance, self-reliance, confidence, a positive self-image and strategic thinking skills. These are qualities and skills that serve young women well in all aspects of life.
ASH Athletic facilities include:
• A 12,000 square foot regulation size, tournament-ready gymnasium
• A 1,600 square foot weight training and fitness center, complete with weight equipment and cardio-machines (bike, treadmill, elliptical)
• An 1,800 square foot dance studio
• An indoor running track on the second floor overlooking the gymnasium
•Athletic and physical education offices
• Training Room for student injury rehabilitation, wet-room with a whirlpool for rehabilitation
• Locker rooms and classroom
• Hall of Fame area to honor and memorialize those individuals who have made significant contributions to our athletic program
• Concession area.
Favrot Arts Center
The Favrot Arts Center on Carondelet Street is the home of our expanded creative arts program. The School feels that an education in the arts has been proven to enhance a student’s intellectual, personal and social development and to nurture creativity. By providing a rich and engaging curriculum, arts education develops a student’s abilities to think, reason, and understand the world and its cultures. Studying the arts encourages a climate of high expectation, self-discipline, and creative problem solving. It is an integral part of a complete, college-preparatory program and a hallmark of Sacred Heart educational tradition.
New features include: